The word ‘Ladakh’ means ‘Land of Passes’. On the way from Manali to Leh, there are 5 high-altitude passes (Rohtang, Baralacha-la, Namik-la, Lachunga-la, Tanglang-La) offering spectacular view of the world’s highest routes between the snow clad mountain ranges of Ladakh and Zanskar. We think that experiencing unique beauty of this mountain-highway is experiencing Ladakh in a true sense.
If you take a flight to Leh: The spectacular scenery, dramatically changing landscape, beautiful moonlike terrain, colors changing at each turn from brown to golden to purple, cliff side monasteries … all this is missed if you fly.
Acclimatizing is necessary:
Flying from Mumbai to Delhi to Leh means reaching from the sea-level to 12000Ft (Leh) within a couple of hours. This can is invite high altitude sickness (headache, vomiting, nausea) no matter how fit you are. Whereas, if you take a Jeep Safari from Manali to Leh over two days your body can slowly acclimatize to this altitude change, making you fitter to enjoy the rest of the trip.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP :
Now experience Ladakh in the most adventurous way :
- Manali to Leh Jeep safari
- White water rafting in the Zanskar & Indus
- Camping & Trekking in the great valleys of Ladakh
- Visit to the highest motorable passes of the world
- Visit to the high altitude lake - Pangong
- camel safari
WHY LAFL ?
Life Away From Life believes in making Manali to Leh Jeep Safaris comfortable and exciting.Our travel experience over 10 years has helped us to specially customize this particular route so that you can visit the roof of the world in the best possible way!
- Vehicles best suited for rugged terrain
- Professional & experienced drivers
- Knowledgeable and resourceful guides
- Hotels with all amenities offering homely comfort in a special Ladakhi manner, where your meals come from their own organic kitchen garden and milk from home-bred cows. We select these places away from hustle -bustle of the main market, so that you can peacefully plant your chair in the verandah and enjoy the mountain views while sipping hot tea.
- Comfortable family vacation
- Customized options available for solo travelers as well as groups
OUTLINE ITINERARY :
Day 1 : MANALI TO KEYLONG
Day 2 : KEYLONG TO LEH
Day 3 : ACCLIMATIZING DAY- Local Leh
Day 4 : MONASTERIES VISIT
Day 5 : Adventure Day - White water rafting & Camping
Day 6 : Trekking
Day 7 : Leh - Khardungla pass - Nubra valley - 5 hrs approx one way drive
Day 8 : Pangong Lake visit Leh -Pangong Lake - Leh- 5hrs approx one way drive