WORKSHOP ON HYDROPONICS- SOIL LESS CULTIVATION
Simplified Hydroponics Training Workshop
Don Bosco High School- Sunday, 3rd February,2013
It is my pleasure to personally invite you all to attend our “Simplified Hydroponics/Soil-less Urban Cultivation Workshop”
being held in Mumbai under the Aegis of the “Pet Bharo” Project. www.petbharoproject.co.in
The Trainer: Mr. Arun J Holla, Head-Urban Projects, HGTIPL Bangalore.
The Organization: Hydroponic Greenhouse Technologies India Private Limited, Bangalore.
The Venue: The Audio visual Hall, Provincial House, Don Bosco High School, 19 Nathalal Parekh Marg, Opp. Khalsa College, Matunga,
East Mumbai 400019.
Start time: 09:30 Hours
End Time: 17:30 Hours
Parking: Parking is available within the school campus at designated areas.
Food: Tea and Snacks will be provided along with Vegetarian Lunch
Note Pads: Kindly bring your note pads and pens for taking notes.
Training Materials: A Training DVD along with the Training Notes will be provided as part of the training course fees.
Dress: Casuals for your comfort being hot and humid outside the classroom.
Please do not forget your sunglasses and hats/caps as it could be a hot day.
Contact People: Ms. Anuradha Tiwari Mumbai Mob 9833390878
Mr. Arun Holla (O/Stn) Mob 0-88614-88514
Registration for the Workshop:
Registrations strictly close by the 1st February,2013
Payment and Confirmation Mode:
Payment may be made as follows:
By Bank Transfer/Cash Deposit at Bank by NEFT favouring the following account; Details as under
Account Name: Hydroponic Greenhouse Technologies India Private Limited
Account No: 12262560001421
Account Type: Current
Bank : HDFC Bank Limited
Bank Address: 4th T Block, Jayanagar Branch, Bangalore, Karnataka State.
NEFT/RTGS Code: 0001226
Amount: Rs 1500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only)
Hydroponic Starter Kits: Please add Rs 1500/- extra to your payment if interested. (Please let us know by 12th Nov if you would like
the Hydroponic Starter kit)
Certificate of Attendance if desired, will be Rs 130/- inclusive of courier charges.
What is HYDROPONICS?
Hydroponics is the practice of growing plants without soil.
Benefits of Hydroponic Technology
Minimum Land Use High Yields in small land footprint
No Genetically Modified seeds used Multiple and Mixed crops per year
Many varieties of FFV’s can be cultivated Low downtime between crops
Easy to maintain systems Pesticide Free
Used Water can be recycled and used No water run-off, avoids pollution
Minimum Carbon Footprint Soil-Less Cultivation
Absolutely Hygienic, No Chemical Trace Can Grow Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs
Is non-messy, clean agriculture and appeals to the modern generation Post-harvest waste can be composted.
Our mission is to help by training people in rural and urban areas to set up Hydroponic Vegetable and Herb gardens on their rooftops,
balconies, backyards and even on window sills. We wish to make Urban farming a norm in the years to come. This technique will help
common people to learn the methods of growing their own food within the resources of their own homes. This has great relevance at a
time when food security crisis is slowly becoming a reality in the world.
1. Parts of a plant 21. Filling the growers
2. Life cycle of flowering plant 22. Solarization of used substrate
3. Climate and plant growth 23. Reuse of substrates
4. Ecology of plant environment 24. Hydroponic Nutrients
5. Health benefits of green and clean surrounding 25. Essential nutrients
6. Soilless Substrates 26. Plant nutrition in ions
7. Soil less culture – why? 27. Water soluble salts
8. Hydroponics 28. Mixing of nutrients
9. Genesis 29. Recycling the excess nutrient solution
10. Advantages 30. Flushing the excess nutrients
11. Plant culture in hydroponics 31. Plant protection
12. Containers/Growers 32. Pests, weeds and diseases
13. Substrates 33. Integrated non-chemical pest management
14. Water quality (TDS) for hydroponics 34. Day to day care of the garden (Why and How)
15. pH and EC of water and substrates 35. Harvesting
16. Seedling production 36. Recording day to day operations
17. Shallow tubs 37. Seeding into seedling trays
18. Seedling trays 38. Transplanting of seedlings
19. Coir pith an useful substrate 39. Precautions while doing transplants
20. Hydration of coir pith-How
21. Filling the growers
22. Solarization of used substrate
23. Reuse of substrates
24. Hydroponic Nutrients
25. Essential nutrients
26. Plant nutrition in ions
27. Water soluble salts
28. Mixing of nutrients
29. Recycling the excess nutrient solution
30. Flushing the excess nutrients
31. Plant protection
32. Pests, weeds and diseases
33. Integrated non-chemical pest management
34. Day to day care of the garden (Why and How)
36. Recording day to day operations
37. Seeding into seedling trays
38. Transplanting of seedlings
39. Precautions while doing transplants
We look forward to seeing you soon and are happy to start training at Mumbai for the very first time as we understand that it is difficult for
everyone to come over to Bangalore for training due to several reasons.
As the Founder and Chief Visionary of this organization I can assure you that you will love the training and we promise you that you it will be a
memorable day and the start of a new chapter in your lives that will not only enrich you but the world at large.
Lt Cdr (retd) CV Prakash
Founder and Chief Visionary
Some Words of Caution:
Environment: It is our collective responsibility as the Organizers and yourselves as participants at the program to treat the
surrounding with responsibility and keep the premises clean. Your cooperation is highly solicited and thanked for in advance.
Punctuality: In the interest of the greater good of all we request you to arrive on time to avoid losing precious time for fully
achieving the objective of this workshop. This is an intensive workshop and we wish to complete the same without having to make
any compromises. Your cooperation is requested and thanked for in advance.
Mobile Phones: Kindly keep your mobiles in silent mode during training hours to avoid any disturbance to the trainer and others.
We solicit your kind cooperation.
Questions: At the end of each session there will be a short Question and Answer session during which you may ask questions.
Kindly cooperate with the team.
Parking: The Owners of the Venue have been kind enough to allow parking of vehicles inside the school premises, however we
request you to park vehicles as directed by the school staff in a neat and orderly way. Thanking you in advance.
Our Promise and Value Proposition:
We promise to give our very best for you during the training however if any student is not convinced that during this workshop he/she has not
understood something they will be admitted to other workshops for the training as they happen in future at Mumbai free of cost till they are
convinced that they have learnt the basics to get going with Simplified Hydroponics in their homes. We believe that we must give our students
more in Use Value than what the pay in Cash Value.