camping at harischandragad with ramblers
Sale Date Ended
Lets camp out at the very famous Harishchandragad that has history way back from 6th Century. It got prominent caves, Concave shaped konkan kada, jungle and the highest peak called taramati at an elevation of 1429 meters. This place is one of the busiest weekend destination for trek lovers as well as featured in many travelogues, blogs. Just google it to know it's significance which may intrigue you to take part in this event.
Difficulty Level: Easy - Medium, Highest elevation point: 4,665 ft
Kedareshwar Cave with only one pillar supporting the cave.
• Report at Kalyan Bus Depot opposite to Kalyan Railway Station - 11.00 AM
• Bus journey to Khubi Phata from Kalyan (2 hours approx)
• Hike from Khubi Phata to Khireshwar village (distance: 6km, time: 1 hour) passing though Pimpalgaon Joga Dam.
• Ascend to Harishchandragad via Tolar Khind - 1.00 PM (distance: 8km, time: 4 hours)
• Evening Snacks at Harishchandragad - 4.00 PM
• Rest at Harishchandragad.
• Those interested may visit to Taramati peak which is the highest point of Harishchandragad.
• Pay visit to Konkan Kada in the evening during sunset hours to view the amazing skyscape and landscape.
• Dinner at campfire - 8.00 pm
• Hangout at campfire
• Disperse for tight sleep in the tents - 10.00 pm
• Wake up call - 7:00 am
• Breakfast at Harishchandragad - 7:30 am
• Descend to the base panchnai - 8.00 am
• Reach Panchnai -10.00 am
• Bus to Rajur from Pachnai, Rajur to kasara by jeep.
• Disperse from Kalyan Bus Depot and a farewell remark to the event - 1.00 PM
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes/outdoor boots/ Sandals/ sports shoes with good grip.
• Full sleeve top and full length bottom (avoid wearing shorts)
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Bedding that includes Sleeping bag or blanket (mandatory).
• Fluids, fruits, energy drinks, glucon d, electral powder, ready to eat food, instant soup, snacks etc.
• wind cheater to protect from cold at night.
• Cap/ Hat
• SwissKnife/ Mini scissors/ Knife.
• torch, toiletry kit, tissue roll.
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• A pair of light weight clothes, slippers.
• Please do not litter, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Positive energy and be a good team player :)
Includes travel from Kalyan - Harishchandragad - Kasara, evening snacks, dinner, tent stay on day 1 &breakfast on day 2.
If any extra costs incurred, will be shared accordingly.
How to reach:
Take a local train on Central line that goes to Kalyan, Bus depot is opposite to the Kalyan railway station.
Reach us at +91 8080911557 for any inquiries.
*If Itinerary get's changed the event attendees will be notified.
*This isn't a leisure or luxury trip and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
Event Hosts aren't responsible for any injuries or fatal events or death.
Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Event organizers decision will be final, Everyone should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
Cancellation by the attendee on the day of the event will get a refund of 90% paid