Emerge is about opening up the mind, shaking up the soul and unleashing the power of new within you.
Emerge is not just a festival. It’s a platform featuring music & art shows all-year-round, across cities and genres. It is our endeavour to bring you the greatest, freshest and newest musical and art experiences from across the world.
Emerge is all fun, and mostly madness.
2013 -15’ saw EMERGE host an array of fresh and seasoned acts from across the globe - Jeremy Loops (SA), Dinner and a Suit (USA), ENGINE-EARZ (UK) featuring Asa (UK), Foreign Beggars (UK), DJ Dismantle (UK), Go Go Berlin (DEN), The Virginmarys (UK) and more recently, These Reigning Days (UK) enthralling audiences across the country.
These shows culminated in the 1st ever Emerge festival on 28th February 2015 in Bangalore.
And now it is time for a bigger celebration of the power of new in Mumbai on 22nd May 2015 at Richarson and Cruddas, Byculla.
We are bringing one of the most influential new sounds in the music today – Alt-J once again to India.
6000 screaming fans witnessed the birth of a new era in the alternative music space in India. 2 time Grammy-Award nominees Alt-J. Sensational new alternative sound from Britain for the second time in India and both the times at Emerge.
The Festival will also feature an emerging star from India: Singer-Songwriter Prateek Kuhad.
His music is multi-lingual, vocals warms, folksy yet ahead its time. His fans will be able to experience the power of his new album “Tokens and Charms” at the festival.
Mumbai will also feature a homegrown emerging band - The Colour Compound. An Indie Alternative Pop Band with a fresh simplicity in their vocal harmonies, melodic guitar lines and cozy rhythms. They will sing songs from their first album - 'From where we stand."
Also playing in Mumbai is the social media sensation - Voctronica. India's first beat boxing, acapella, all-vocal orchestra. With no instruments. Only vocal goodness. And they are also from Mumbai.
If you are ready to experience the power of the new, this is all yours!
British band Alt-J, who nabbed the No. 1 position in the UK with their latest album 'This is All Yours,' (which also has a Grammy nomination for 'Best Alternative Music Album') are coming to India for the very first time! The band's debut album An Awesome Wave, was released in 2012 and won the 2012 British Mercury Prize. There is a process we all go through when we first play the new album by a band whose debut we evangelized about. Nerves need to be steadied and fears dispelled before we can pass anything approaching calm and clear-headed judgment. With luck, our ardour will be rekindled, our faith reaffirmed. And all of us will, at some time or another, have had the unhappy experience of dashed hopes and shattered illusions, so there's that niggling worry lurking at the back of our minds, too. Which brings us to This Is All Yours. More specifically, to the opening bars of the opening song, Intro. Joe's voice starts the track, a pointillist, percussive ''la-la-la-la'', Philip Glass-like in its hypnotic simplicity, before Gus joins in with an answering counterpoint. This is not, as its title might imply, a brief throwaway before the album proper begins. Its middle section, introduced by Thom's thundering snare pattern, suddenly asserts itself before the song returns to its becalmed opening theme, only to be once again overwhelmed, by a brutal burst of martial drumming and battle cries.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EMERGE FESTIVAL
1) vivo Presents Emerge Music & Arts Festival ('Event') is being held at Delhi on the 21stof May and Mumbai on the 22ndof May 2015and is being organized by Viacom 18 Media Private Limited( 'Organizers')
2) Each ticket admits one person only.
3) Patrons are requested to be aware of fake/color photocopied tickets and are urged to buy tickets from legitimate sources only.
4) Patrons must mandatorily carry an original valid government identity document.
5) Any ticket to be a valid ticket needs to have a barcode or hologram. In case the hologram or the bar code are tampered, such tickets will not be accepted.
6) Tickets will be handed over to patrons at the box office on producing a valid invoice / booking id and original valid government identity document.
7) Entry shall be permitted to guests onlyabove the age of 18 years, age defined as born on or before 20 December 1996.
8) No request for refund in any event or situation shall be entertained, including in case of any rescheduling, cancellation and change in details of Event.
9) The Organizer reserves the rights of admission, even to valid ticket holders.
10) Event is a wristband access event. Wristbands will be issued at the box office and will enable access to the Event venue for the designated dates.
11) Patrons need to keep/wear their wristband for which the tickets have been purchased.
12) Wristbands are washable/tear able and the Patron need to ensure not to lose the same. In case wristbands are taken off, No replacement wristband will be issued.
13) Wristbands removed or tampered with will be rendered invalid and WILL NOT be replaced.
14) No access shall be allowed to the Event venue without a wristband and a ticket.Duplicate tickets will not be issued for lost or stolen tickets.
15) Unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a ticket would lead to seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
16) Organizersshall not beresponsible for any loss, damage or theft of any personal belongings or any injury/damage that the ticket holder may incur at the venue.
17) Organizers' reserves the right to perform security check on invitees/member of audience at the entry point for security reasons.
18) Patrons shall not be allowed to carry the following items:
i) Cameras, videocamcorders, any recording devices.
ii) Travel Bags and trolleys.
iii) Any kind of arms and ammunitions
iv) Any sharp items or any object that may harm others.
v) Any illegal substances
vi) Food and beverages
19) Parking near or at the Event premises may be available depending upon availability and is at the sole risk of the vehicle owner.
20) Organizers will not be held responsible for any damage or theft of any vehicles within the stipulated parking premises of the Event.
21) Consumption and sale of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
22) Consumables (food/drinks/alcohol) from outside of the Eventare not allowed & will be confiscated.
23) Food and beverages will be available inside the Event venue for purchase.Patrons can purchase Food and beverage coupons at the Event venue on a non-refundable basis.
24) Smoking insidethe Eventvenue is strictly prohibited, any ticket holder caught smoking will be asked to leave the Eventvenue.
25) Organizers are not responsible for the quality of any food items or drinks served at theEventvenue.
26) The Patrons are requested to drink responsibly.
27) Any inappropriate behavior by any of the patron shall lead to eviction of the holder/s from the venue after they have entered the Event venue.
28) At the Event venue, the Patrons shall not display or endorse any sponsorships, promotional or marketing materials unless authorized by the Organizer in writing.
29) The ticket permits entry to the Eventvenue only and does not include any other benefits whatsoever.
30) Access to any promotional parties or after parties, may have other ticketing requirements and shall be purchased by the patron separately.
31) Strobe lighting may be used at this Event may cause epileptic fits and/or seizures. Those with a history of epilepsy or any health condition that would be of concern must take adequate precautions.
32) This Event may have amplified sound, wear hearing protection at the Eventmaybe helpful.
33) First aid/medical facilities will be provided, however, the Organizers shall not beresponsible for any medical problems that any Patron may face at the Event.
34) There will be third party art installations displayed at the Event venue. Viacom18 should at no time be held responsible for the contents of any such art installation exhibited at the venue.
35) Patrons are allowed to check with the organizers if they can bring pets to the Event. In case pets are allowed at the Event, the Event venue shall have an allocated designated area for pets. The Patrons shall be exclusively responsible for safety of their pets and the venue/organizers/management shall not be liable for any damages, claims in relation to any injury or caused to the pets or any loss or damage caused to any third party due to the pet. Pet owners agree to indemnify and keep venue/organizers/management indemnified against any loss caused to venue/organizers/management.
36) The Event Venues are built to capacity. However the management reserves the right to hold entry to certain areas within the Event venue to ensure Patrons a safe experience.
37) The Event is subject to force majeure conditions and government permissions and regulations. The Event may be re scheduled or cancelled at the sole discretion of Organizers.
38) Artist lineup and billed attractions may be subject change at the Organizerâ€™s sole discretion.
39) Patrons carrying or suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the venue or at the entry shall be searched and their entry shall be restricted.
40) Patrons hereby grants organizers the right to use, in perpetuity, all or any part of the images and/or recording of any tape made with the ticket holderâ€™s appearance on any mode/medium of broadcast anywhere in the work and for any purposes whatsoever including advertising, publicity and promotion etc.
41) The Organizers reserve the right without refund or other recourse, to refuse admission to Patrons found in breach of these terms and conditions including, if necessary, eviction of the holder/s of the ticket from the venue.
42) Food and beverage coupons shall be purchased at the Event venue and will not be refundable.
43) All disputes to be settled under the exclusive jurisdiction of Mumbai courts only.
BY PURCHASING THE TICKET, THE PATRON ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS