Difficulty level – Easy
This weekend, don’t just travel, travel…for a change.
Explore a new place and get a chance to sparkle someone’s life this Diwali.
The base for almost all treks is usually a village. These villagers provide not only food & water, but even shelter and support during the time of need. So this time we’re not just trekking, but also giving back to such villagers, who never fail to serve the needs of explorers like you and me.
Dig into your closet, bring along your unused stuff (Toys, books, clothes etc.) and take back the joy of giving.
Where? How? How much?
On 23rd Early morning, grab your bags, pack your snacks and drive down to the entrance of the famous Karnala fort. From there, we will take a fading trail just opposite to the entrance of the fort, which leads to the small village of Ransai. It’s an easy 1 and ½ hrs jungle trek through gentle slopes.
At the end of the trek, there’s a beautiful untouched lake in which we can cool off and chill. After enjoying our snacks sitting by this serene lake, we will proceed to donate our stuff to the villagers close by.
06:30am – Meeting point – Mc Donald’s, Kalamboli. Proceed towards Panvel Railway station.
07:00am –People coming by train, Meet at Panvel ST bus stop (Besides railway station).And then enjoy the drive/ride from Panvel to Karnala Sanctuary.
08:00am – Reach at Karnala Fort trek entrance and have breakfast.
08:30am – Start trekking through the jungle.
10:00am – Reach the village and explore the place.
10:30am – Relax at the bank of the beautiful lake, some of us can even take a dip into the water.
11:30pm – Have your packed lunch (to be brought by you) as we picnic besides the lake.
12:30pm – Start the Donation drive.
02:00pm – Start your return journey.
03:00pm – Reach the Karnala fort entrance and disperse.
Date – 23rd October, 2016
Final Meeting point – Kalamboli McDonalds, Mumbai
Time – 6:30am
Admin Cost – Rs. 300 per person
Includes – Planning & Organizing Charges only
Excludes – Travelling, Food and other charges not mentioned (expected to be around Rs 500 excluding fuel).
Contact number/ whatsapp – 08976949403, 08080479069
Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
IMP NOTE – The Idea behind this trip is to encourage people to bring their own vehicle (Be it Car, Bike, Bus, etc.) for a fun ride. But for those who do not have access to a vehicle, please inform us accordingly; we will accommodate the person in another vehicle where there is space. The cost of fuel will be equally divided. Or the participant can also come by local train till Panvel and then take a Tuk Tuk (Rickshaw) till the Karnala fort entrance gate.
Things to wear:
Things to be carried by you:
How to reach?
For those coming by their own vehicle –
We will be travelling together from Kalamboli. However, in case you miss us, Here’s the link of the route - https://goo.gl/maps/V3v8MpcWBR52
For those who do not have vehicle but intend to come in one –
Please inform us in advance so that we can try to accommodate you into any vehicle available. Please note that this is subjected to availability and we do not guarantee it.
For those who are coming by local Train – Catch a train CST – Panvel bound train.
Timings mentioned below
05:22 – CST
05:40 – Vadala Road
05:51 – Kurla
06:10 – Vashi
06:40 – Panvel
Once you reach Panvel, move towards ST bus stand which is a 5 minutes walk from the station and take a Tuk-Tuk from there. For any clarification, feel free to call us.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Caravan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Caravan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Caravan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Caravan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Caravan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Caravan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Caravan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Caravan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.