Chadar Frozen River trek - 2015
Sale Date Ended
CHADAR" refers to the blanket or sheet as the Zanskar river transforms itself from a rapid river into a white blanket of ice during winter, a frozen spectacle awaits the trekker to be experienced of glass ice ranging from a bluish tinge to golden yellow that is seen during the few hours that sunlight reaches directly into the gorge to the milky whitish on a moonlit night - as said a trek journey like no other!
ZANSKAR: Zanskar valley lies to the south - west of Leh, surrounded by the Himalaya and Zanskar ranges, which is the most isolated of all the trans - Himalayan Valleys. Zanskar comprises of two main valleys the Stod(Doda Chu) and the Lanak (Tsarap Chu)which coverage below at Padum. The area remains inaccessible for nearly 7 months in the year. All passes close in the winter and the river freeze on the surface. Zanskaris walk along it to reach the Indus River in Nimoo (Chilling village), which is known as the Chadar (frozen blanket) Trek. The geographical isolation has resulted in the preservation of the Buddhist heritage and identity.
Tentative Dates are Feb. confirmed Dates will be Published soon.
Duration : 8 Days/ Nights.
Difficulty : Moderate to Difficult.
Cost : 20,300/- INR
- Trek fee inclusive of permit fees and service tax.
- Accommodation: Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House on Day 1 and Day 8 of Trek and tents/camps on the trek.
- Transportation from Leh to the road head at Chilling from where the trek starts.
- Vegetarian meal during the trek
- Camping charges and permits.
- Sleeping bags and mats.
- Porters and Cooks.
- Services of an Qualified and experienced Trek Leader to guide over the entire tour.
- Food/Meal in Leh.
- Transportation From Pune to Leh and Return.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Personal winter and trek requirements like jackets, sun glasses, gloves, and trekking poles.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the included list.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Day 1: Report at Leh. Acclimatize and over night at guest house.
Day 2: Drive to Chilling [3 hrs]. Trek to Tilat Sumdo camp [1 hr].
Day 3:Trek to Tsomo Paldar [9 km/6 hrs trek].
Day 4: Trek to Dibb [14.5 km/8 hrs trek]
Day 5:Trek to Naerak Pullu [11.5 km/7 hrs trek]
Day 6: Trek from Naerak to Dibb.
Day 7:Trek to Shingra Koma.
Day 8:Trek to Chilling and drive back to Leh.
Day 9:Return from Leh.
For More info, Please contact : Jaykumar - 9503 645 225 or mail us @ Friends@placesaroundpune.i