The 7th event of Bonjour India Festival will be the Evening with Short Films at Shantaram Pond (FTII).
Fuelled by artistic expression and limited only by their runtime, short films transcend traditional storytelling. They are a significant and popular way artists can connect with audiences. From documentary to animation, narrative to experimental, the abbreviated form is no longer just for the novice. Shorts have and will continue to be an important part of cinema, storytelling, and culture. The evening with short films, a program created with the support of Unifrance, will give a home to new (and old) projects for audiences to discover and celebrate. The short film night in Pune, will imitate the summer-time open air cinemas of Paris. The screenings will be held under the canopy of trees at Shantaram Pond in FTII, in the open air, with only the birds for company. Do not hesitate to bring your own pillows!
- L’ACCORDEUR (The Piano Tuner), 2010, Olivier Treiner, 13 mins, FICTION
- RENOUILLE D'HIVER (Winter Frog), 2011, Slony Sow, 17 mins 30 secs, FICTION
- CUL DE BOUTEILLE (Specky Four-Eyes), 2010, Jean-Claude Rozec, 9 mins, ANIMATION
- JE POURRAIS ÊTRE VOTRE GRAND-MERE, (I Could Be Your Grandmother), 2010, Bernard Tanguy, 19 mins 30 secs, FICTION
- LE MOZART DES PICKPOCKETS (The Mozart of Pickpockets), 2006, Philippe Pollet-Villard, 21 mins 30 secs, FICTION
- A SHADOW OF BLUE, 2011, Carlos Lascano, 12 mins 43 secs, ANIMATION
- LA VILLE LUMIERE (City of Light), 2012, Pascal Tessaud, 29 mins,FICTION
- LES CHIENS VERTS (The Green Dogs), 2011, Mathias Rifkiss, Colas Rifkiss, 20 mins 10 secs, FICTION
- J'AURAIS PU ÊTRE UNE PUTE (I Coud've been a Hooker), 2011, Baya Kasmi, 24 mins, FICTION
- 505G, 2012, Jérémy Azencott, 9 mins 55 secs, FICTION
- EDMOND ETAIT UN ANE (Edmond Was a Donkey), 2012, Franck Dion, 15 mins4 secs, ANIMATION
- LA CARTE (The Postcard), 2010, Stéfan Le Lay, 7 mins 30 secs, FICTION
- RESISTANCE AUX TREMBLEMENTS (Shock Resistant), 2006, Olivier Hems, 15 mins 7 secs, FICTION
- HAMMAM, 1991, Florence Miailhe, 8 mins, ANIMATION
- LE CRI DU HOMARD (The Lobsyer's Cry), 2012, Nicolas Guiot, 30 mins, FICTION
- VENDS CHIEN QUI PARLE, 10 EUROS (Talking Dog For Sale, 10 Euros), 2012, Lewis-Martin Soucy, 7 mins 45 secs, FICTION
- LE SILENCE SOUS L'ECORCE (The Silence Beneath the Bark), 2009, Joanna Lurie, 11 mins 8 secs, ANIMATION
Entry is free. Free seating.