Sale Date Ended
When was the last time you hopped on your ride and went on an impulsive road trip to explore a completely unknown place, tucked away from the whole world...your own little paradise?
About 130 KMS from Mumbai is Devkund. As the name suggests, it is a heavenly pond at the base of a gigantic Waterfall. It is a hidden treasure of natural beauty…so surreal that you’d have to rub your eyes to believe that it actually exists!
To find this place, one has to trek through a pathless jungle. After wandering and treading the fading trails through the thick canopy, you suddenly witness the cascading fall of water, glittering in sunlight, and casting an exotic greenish blue tinge to the pond beneath.
If that’s not enough, the drive to this place is guaranteed to leave motorists spell-bound! Bikers especially love this route for its curvy bends, lush greenery and numerous waterfalls. Interestingly, passersby have claimed that at night the place becomes haunted and gives a spooky feeling to anyone crossing the area.
For regestration contact/ whatsapp - +91 8976949403, +91 8080479069.
IMP NOTE – The Idea is to encourage people to bring their own vehicle (Be it Car, Bike, Bus, etc.) for a fun road trip!
But for those who do not have access to a vehicle, please inform us accordingly; we will try and accommodate the person in another vehicle wherever there’s space. The cost of fuel will be equally divided.
Also, we prefer moving like a caravan, it’s more fun travelling together, no? So please be on time! If you are late, we request you to reach by your own using Google maps. https://goo.gl/maps/
Disclaimer – This is an exploratory trip, so you can expect last minute modifications to the itinerary.
Location – Bhira village landmark - Bhira Hydroelectric Project
06:00am – 1st Meet at Sion Circle outside Hanuman Restaurant
06:45am – 2nd Meet after Vashi Main Bridge on left hand side
07.15am – 3rd and last stop at Kalamboli McDonald, before express highway
09:30am - Reach the base village Bhira and have breakfast
10:30am - The jungle trek begins
12.00am - Reach Devkund
12:00 PM - 02:30 PM - Have your packed lunch (to be got by you); take a dip in the secret pool
04:30 PM - Reach base village and start the return journey
09:00PM - Reach Mumbai (tentative timing)
Date – 16th October 2016
Final Meeting point – Kalamboli McDonalds (Before the start of Mum-Pune Expressway)
Time – 6:00am
Cost – Rs. 300 per person
Includes – Planning, Organizing & Guide charges only
Excludes – Travelling, Food and all other charges not mentioned above (expected to be around Rs 500 excluding fuel).
Contact number – 08976949403, 08080479069
Things to wear:
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
• Windcheater/ Water proof Jacket
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
• Packed Lunch AND snacks
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
For those coming by their own vehicle –
Please make sure your vehicle is in proper travelling condition (Oil, Air pressure, fuel, spare tyre, etc). We will not be able to provide any mechanical support in case your vehicle breaks down.
We will be travelling together from Sion. However, in case you miss us, here’s the link of the route -https://goo.gl/maps/
For those who do not have vehicle but intend to come in one –
Please inform us in advance so that we can try to accommodate you into any vehicle available. Please note that this is subjected to availability and we do not guarantee it.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Caravan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Caravan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Caravan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Caravan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Caravan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Caravan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Caravan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Caravan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.